Valhallan Heavy Bolter Team

Those of you who've had the misfortune to have been following my blog from the Early Days will remember that it started out as a 40K blog.  Indeed Palladian Guard is the name for my beloved 40K army.  But I soon decided that Warhammer wasn't really for me any more.  The game was getting silly (and expensive) - but I still cherished a lingering love for my first wargame.  After some successful patrol clash games, I sold most of my tanks and just kept a 1,000pt all-infantry force.  To be honest, there's been so much historical wargaming going on since then that I've not played a game of 40K in over a year.

We are, however, very irreverent when it comes to rules.  We pick and choose what we like - for instance we still play Third Edition rules because those are our favourite set.  We loved Inquisitor, and we also love Necromunda - so we've decided to start an Inquisimunda game.

What's Inquisimunda?  Well, you make a squad of about 5-10 models.  No rules, restrictions or anything like that - as long as it's sensible by consensus.  Then, you use a made-up hash of 40K and Necromunda rules to fight a nice little skirmish game.

The beauty of this is that you can get some models of whatever army you like!  In my case, Valhallans:







I wanted to go for the 'not a step back or we shoot!' vibe, so I picked the wave green cuffs and facings of the NKVD, and swapped the heavy bolter for a Vickers Gun.  There we are!  A nice measured return to 40K.

My main effort is still preparing the Russo-Japanese War Supercampaign, which is due to start in May...

Thanks for reading,

Ed

Comments

  1. Excellent ! Nice to see you using the 72nd Army Group's badge backing as your spot colour there.

    And yes, it's the only way to play. I like to think that my games are just the same, if with a few more bodies on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, it's more of an attitude thing than physically the number of models you own I suppose.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Love the vickers-style heavy bolter, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, glad you liked! I just had an old one lying around and thought it looked a bit more interesting...

      Delete
  3. Ohhh! That's it, I'm moving to the UK.
    I love your thinking Ed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha great, I'll meet you at Heathrow! Thanks, I'll try and get some games up soon...

      Delete
  4. Nice to see you giving some of the old stuff some love. Inquisimunda is a fun game, just a shame none of my mates are interested in playing... :(

    (90's style red guns too! classic!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame... perhaps we could somehow arrange for distance gaming? Is that a pipedream?

    (Glad you noticed! My favourite...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean in some sort of participation supercampaign, rather than a single wargame

      Delete
    2. I'm game if you are, but, how would be my question? I'll think on it. You should too.

      Especially as I have a tasty nurgle band of misfits perfect for the task.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts