Those of you fortunate enough to have been following this blog from the start will know full well that I am not a fan of Apocalypse models or games. But recently, a friend asked me to paint up his Baneblade and was generous (or foolish) enough to say "paint it however you like!"
This is the result. Having spent a day and a half smashing this project solidly I can still say I'm not a fan of the baneblade, it's an utterly rediculous tank and a real pain to build. I did, however, enjoy yhe brutally simple process of painting it:
- OD spraypaint
- Wash with a huge tin of black ink
- Wait to dry then sponge metal onto the corners
- Dot every rivet with watered-down rust powder (not as bad as it sounds)
- Heavy dose of black weathering powder on the muzzles etc
- Detailing like the markings and lights
Voila! A quick and simple project, and a good chance to try out some basic tank weathering ideas. Enjoy!