Pakwagen Halftrack

Things have been a bit quiet of late on the Second World War stuff - the 40K campaign has taken over a little bit, but I've still been doing lots of painting, you'll be pleased to hear.

This is my latest effort, the Sd Kfz 251/22 'Pakwagen' from Warlord Games.  A nice-looking model that will probably be my Latvian Legion's only mechanised anti-tank, since we're going to be playing small skirmish games.  It's a very nice kit, easy to put together and detailed as most of Warlord's stuff is.  The cannon and crewman are metal and the half track itself is resin.  I decided to make it look a little more ragtag than usual with the addition of a tarpaulin half-strewn across the gun; perhaps an attempt at camoflauge for a road move, or more likely just hurriedly bringing the gun into action against the advancing Russians!  It's just tissue paper dipped in wet PVA glue then given successive black washes and grey highlights until I was happy.



It was rather difficult to paint, since painting the hull and the tarp both involved drybrushing it was hard to paint the two separately.  I managed it with some careful small-brushing around the edges where the tarp meets the hull.  I also dressed up the sides with some homemade stowage.


And just to prove it's not all been vehicles, I've been painting some paratroops too.  Realised it's been nearly a year since I last worked on these...


Thanks for reading, there are plenty of projects in the pipeline - particularly my Death Korps...

Ed

Comments

  1. Great work on the Halftrack. The paras look very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - pleased it turned out okay, I was a bit nervous about trying the more complex camouflage schemes.

      Delete
  2. All good practice for the DKK. Seriously, they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love that camo and the rusty weathering is ace! Good stuff Ed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! All my tanks are so rusty, I really should get the crews to look after them a bit better...

      Delete
  4. Like the colouration of the Half track, it looks nice man!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts