|Must ... crush ... Atlantis ...|
Rather than ramble on about where I'm at on each project, if passengers would direct their attention to the links at the top of the page, I keep these (fairly) up to date so you can click on each period/rules system and check out the latest piccys. Also, I'd recommend reading a battle report or two if you have the time.
But my greatest progress has been (without sounding too soppy) on the friend-making front. I must confess that when I started, as a 'forum frequenter', this blog was a bit narcissistic - show off my mediocre painting skills and get a few comments from a Taiwanese spam artist. I'd never have imagined some of the projects I'd get involved in and some of the people I'd communicate with, so that's an added bonus that I hope to carry forward. But on to some more definite goals:
- Game more. This is so cliched that it's almost not worth putting. But for me especially - I have no local club and my job calls for a very nomadic lifestyle, so my only adversary is usually good ol' Headologist who does the honours. But if we get a game in every two months (!) that's good going, so I hope to make a bit more of an effort and smash out more battles. To prove that I'm actually going to do this, I invested about £100 in various boxes and carry cases which should mean I can carry all my models around more easily and make the drive up the country every now and again to see the good fellow.
- Finish my WW2 armies. I have two platoons of 28mm Waffen-SS for my alternate history WW2 campaign. The Latvian Legion are almost done, but my Croatian Handschar platoon has stalled a bit, along with the Fallschirmjager squad - admittedly because I've been painting things for other people rather than not painting at all. But I want to have a fully painted German force to oppose the Army of Freedom fairly soon, so we can start the campaign.
- Use the abbreviation 'Q.E.D.' in a blog post to sound clever (I heard it on QI last night). Wait a minute ... Q.E.D.!
- Do some 'Airfix' kits. Or Revell or whatever. This is cheating a bit, as I know I'm going to achieve this one - I'm travelling back to London following my Christmas break, and my bags are laden with a few such kits I got for Christmas. But I do want to do some of these; I can testify (after spending hours trying to do a high skill-level SPAD biplane kit) that these really call for some skill, even for an experienced 'wargaming' builder. So for the challenge.
- Finish my Chaos Renegades. I remember buying these and being really excited, and I'm glad I managed to actually finish the platoon's worth I bought - but it seems to have stopped there, so I'm keen to expand it a bit and have another 2,000pt army as well as my Palladians.
Looking back, the two biggest goals are just finishing what I've started. I think it's just going to take some self-control for me to not buy anything new and plough on with what I've already got. But we shall see. This post is as much for me as for other people, I hope to come back to it every few weeks and check my progress against these fairly limited objectives. Incidentally, I'm loving everyone else's lists they're putting together, really helps give me a sense of scale for my own.
Happy New Year, and until next time...