This tutorial is using a Bolt Action SAS figure from Warlord, and I usually use new GW paints. There are, however, a few of the old ones that have not run out yet lurking in there.
- The smock is painted Steel Legion Drab
- Trousers Bestial Brown
- Webbing Scorched Brown (with the metal parts Chaos Black),
- Skin Talharn Flesh (also paint the hair - in this case I gave him brown hair)
- Gloves Codex Grey
- Thompson SMG Scorched Brown, with the barrel and magazine Chaos Black
- Beret Dark Angels Green
- Boots Chaos Black
- Smock: Kanrak Stone
- Trousers: Graveyard Earth
- Webbing: Bestial Brown
- Thompson SMG (wooden parts): Bestial Brown
- Beret: Catachan Green
3. The camouflage is painted on with Dark Angels Green and Scorched Brown. The trick is to make regular blocks of colour, with one side consisting of straight lines (see the bottom of his smock, the green bit) to active the broken, splintered effect. There should be a roughly equal portion of green, brown and the original khaki.
To do this, once he's painted quickly stand by with a dry brush. If a large flat area looks like it has some ink congealing on it, just touch it with the dry brush and the water tension will magically suck up the excess ink.
Thanks for reading. Now that August is officially WW2 month, I'm drafting posts and taking photos ready for a big 40K update in September. Hope you enjoy, and thanks for reading!