The 'change log', if you like:
- A toning-down of the zealous, futuristic tone of the text to a slightly more neutral style - for ease of comprehension.
- Added several diagrams and summary charts, especially on Recruitment, to clarify some of the tings which were laboriously described in blocks of prose.
- Addition of a section on rank insignia and some uniform pictures.
- A complete Order of Battle, with strengths and ammunition/equipment holdings.
- Some correction of errors, omissions and continuity bloopers.
This is a constantly evolving document - indeed, reading it as soon as I opened the packet from the printers I spotted an error which has been corrected for the next edition. But I think it's a big improvement on the last one - it's nearly twice as along and (hopefully) a bit more easy on the reader. It's not intended to be read as one document, rather you can look up topics of interest in the index then just read a page or two at a time. Let me know if you have any comments or criticisms about it; I'd love to hear them.
Oh, I forgot to mention. It's free to anyone who wants it! If you're interested, drop me an email (email@example.com) and I'll send you a digital copy. Feel free to use it for personal enjoyment - all I ask is that you don't copy it wholesale for your own fluff, use it as a starting point - and if you share it with your mates and they like it, credit would be appreciated. But I hope you'll use and get some enjoyment out of it, anyway. Our distribution team are standing by to take your order. Don't delay - act now, soldier!
As an aside, I've embarked on an ambitious plan to rephotograph all my army, since the earlier stuff on this blog was just done on a camera phone. I'll try and let you know as I do updates but the Imperial Guard page is the first to get this treatment - make sure you check it out!
By the way - anyone interested in creating their own fluff, especially for Space Marine Chapters, is strongly advised to visit Headologist's blog as he's written a guide on that very subject. See below for some sneak preview pics ...