New Officer Rules
Looking back through my old posts, I realised that I've left a project half-done. My old Trial Officer Rules were never properly finished off, so I'm doing a summary post. I know I promised Col. Ackland back in January that I'd put the rest up and also he gave me some splendid ideas for new officers, so apologies to him for this taking so long.
|Colonel Horatio Grimm, 76th Catachan - 'The Old Man'|
The basic idea is:
- Officers can be upgraded to a Special Officer Type
- This turns them into a stereotype, good or bad - maybe they're a heroic leader, a cowardly armchair general, even a fraud or black marketeer!
- They get upgraded stats and special rules
The full rules are available for download here!
Please be aware they are by no means play tested, and the points costs are arbitrary until I can test them further. Although there's no explicit reference, the intent is that only one or two models in an army should be upgraded. Feel free to use them and post any feedback in the comments, I will do my best to incorporate any changes and reissue. Share with friends/gamers, because the more play testing we do, the more balanced we can make them. Above all, enjoy!
|Preview of the rules doc|
Old Posts (all in the document anyway):
- The Flying Ace (Valkyrie upgrade)
- The Mad Major
- The Battleaxe
- The Bionic Brigader (eyepatch, wheelchair, etc)